Garlic Herb Salt
Fantastic way of preserving garlic and herbs. Fresh herbs and garlic dry quickly when processed with salt.
Write a review
- 60g Garlic cloves, peeled
- 600 g Kosher Salt or Rock Salt
- 20-60g fresh Herbs
- red chile peppers - to taste
- edible flower petals (see notes)
- process all ingredients (except flower petals) in a food processor, making sure to not allow the consistency to be too wet or pasty.
- spread the mixture out on a baking pan and set outside, or use a dehydrator/warm oven to dry.
- while it's drying, stir things up periodically, to keep it from clumping too much.
- Adding some dried bachelor button petals or other brightly-colored, edible flower petals makes the salt blend more fun. Calendula, nasturtium, violets, and bachelor buttons are all edible.
- If you would like some of the ingredients to be less processed (bigger), then add them toward the end of the processing time. For example, I like the garlic to be bigger than a grain of salt, so I add them toward the end, then keep processing until they're the size I'm looking for.
- Peppercorns do not process (at least in my cuisinart), so use already ground pepper, if you would like pepper in your blend.
The Plant Lady http://www.theplantlady.com/