Sweet & savory, this is a great topping for seared meats, like pork or beef.
Write a review
- 1/2 T olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 T red wine
- 1 t sugar
- 2 T water
- 1 sprig thyme, remove leaves from stem
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil in medium pan over medium heat.
- When oil is shimmering, add sliced onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add red wine and sugar, reduce heat to medium low, and simmer until liquid has almost evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons water & half the thyme leaves, and cook until evaporated, 2 minutes.
- Stir in the rest of the thyme, taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
The Plant Lady http://www.theplantlady.com/