Thai Cucumber Salad
Write a review
- 2 pounds cucumbers (about 3), peeled, halved lengthwise, and sliced 1/4" thick
- 1/2 red onion, sliced very thin
- 1 T salt
- 2/3 C water
- 1/2 C rice vinegar
- 2 1/2 T sugar
- 2 small jalapeno chiles, seeded and minced (or more, to taste)
- Toss cucumbers and onion with salt in colander set over large bowl. Weight the cucumbers down to press out as much moisture as possible using a gallon-size ziploc bag. Allow them to drain for 1-3 hours. Rinse and pat dry.
- Bring 2/3 C water and 1/2 C vinegar to boil in small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in sugar to dissolve, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- Mix the cucumbers, onions, and jalapenos together then pour the dressing over the top, tossing to coat. Chill until ready to serve.
The Plant Lady http://www.theplantlady.com/