- Open-Pollinated: ?
- Type: ?
- Shape: round beefsteak
- Color: red with very faint strange striping
- Maturity: 90-100 days
- 10-16 oz tomatoes (per SoC website)
- 7-12 oz tomatoes (per SoC seed packet)
- Yield: ?
- Taste: “rich…perfect acid/sweet balance, making it an exceptional slicer”
- Disease Resistance or Environmental Tolerance: ?
- Seeds of Change developed this plant, and it was a favorite the first year I grew it. Large, meaty tomatoes, but low productivity. However, in the years since I haven’t been able to get them to produce like that again
- 2014 was the last season I grew it – poor germination meant only one plant went in the ground; it bore one tiny tomato, so I didn’t bother saving the seed from it
- Seeds of Change no longer sells the seeds
Results from My Garden:
|SEASON||SOURCE||DATES||PLANTS||SPACING||MATURITY||YIELD PER PLANT||AVG SIZE||DISEASE|
|2005||SoC seed||no records kept until 2010||2||Large|
|2010||SoC seed||3/7 > 4/23 > 5/13||6||18″||78 days||25||7.7 lbs||5 oz|
|2011||SoC seed||3/8 > 4/1 > 4/18||2||18×21″||135 days||5||0.5 lb||1-2 oz|
|2012||SoC seed||2/19 > 4/14 > 5/14||1||18×21″||111 days||3||13 oz||3-5 oz||wilt (V or F)|
|2014||SoC seed||3/9 > 4/15 > 5/8||1||24″||86 days||1||1 oz||1 oz||RKN dead 9/21|