- Open-Pollinated: ?
- Type: ?
- Shape: ?
- Color: ?
- Maturity: ?
- Size: ?
- Yield: ?
- Taste: ?
- Disease Resistance or Environmental Tolerance: ?
- Root disturbance will cause bolting, so direct-sow or use pots unless you want seed rather than stem bulb.
- Increasing day-length also causes bolting, so for bulbs, plant in summer or late spring. Early spring is fine for plants grown for seed, leaf, or ornament.
- Likewise, to promote bulbing, assure even, steady moisture and high fertility. Mulching with compost will help with both.
- Harvest bulbs when large and heavy, before seedheads form.
Results from My Garden:
||YIELD PER PLANT