Table of Contents
- Capsicum annuum
- Open-Pollinated: yes
- Type: sweet bell pepper
- Shape: blocky bell pepper
- Color: ripens gold from green
- Maturity: 70-80 days from transplant
- Size: “huge, blocky Italian bell”
- Yield: ?
- Taste: “a touch of spice in its sweetness”
- Disease Resistance: ?
- Recommended gold bell pepper variety by Sylvia Thompson’s “The Kitchen Garden”. Described as “a huge, blocky Italian bell with a touch of spice in its sweetness. She also notes that since golden peppers tend to be softer when ripe, harvest them just as they turn their final color.
Sources: (where to buy)
Results from My Garden:
- 2011: 1 plant produced 3 peppers; average weight: 2 oz
- 2012: not a good year in my garden for peppers;