How to Dry Figs
- Fresh figs
- Wash figs, trim imperfections
- Slice figs in half, lenthwise
- Lay on an old window screen outside, cut-side facing up
- Lay screen or cheese cloth over the top to keep the bugs out
- After a few days, check on their progress. done is when they are dry & leathery on the outside, and only slightly sticky inside when you cut them open
- To dry figs in a not-so-Warm & Dry climate, you will need a dehydrator. General recommendations I’ve seen have been to set your dehydrator for 110 degrees F for 12-24 hours.
Is there any other way to dry figs other than the way you mention
Hi Camille – sure, the dehydrator would be the go-to method for areas where it’s not warm- or dry-enough.