Fig, Bacon & Balsamic Appetizers
Write a review
- 6 whole figs wiped clean and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon rosemary fresh, minced
- 3 slices bacon cooked crisp & chopped finely
- Combine the balsamic and rosemary in a small saucepan; heat to a simmer.
- While the vinegar is reducing, prepare the figs and bacon.
- Arrange the figs, cut-side-up on the serving platter, then put one teaspoon dollops of soft cheese on each fig half.
- When the balsamic has reduced to a syrup, drizzle it over the figs & cheese, then sprinkle the bacon crumbs over top.
- Using a store-bought balsamic reduction saves time, but doesn't give you the same depth & warmth to each bite. Consider using prosciutto in place of the bacon for a twist.
The Plant Lady http://www.theplantlady.com/